Morris is a small town located in Litchfield County, Connecticut. The Town consists of farmland, protected open space, and rolling hill country surrounding Bantam Lake, the largest natural lake in Connecticut.
Organized in 1767, Morris was once known as the South Farms parish of Litchfield. Initially a farming community, the Town of Morris was incorporated as a separate town in 1859 and named for James Morris, a Revolutionary War soldier who opened an academy in town in 1790.
The local government of Morris is run by three selectmen elected by the town at large. The First Selectman serves as the Town’s chief elected and administrative officer and is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Town. Other volunteer boards and commissions are charged with governing specific facets of Town business and upholding ordinances and regulations.
Morris is comprised of wonderful residents who make the Town a wonderful place to live and raise a family.